Dr. Rossman received his Doctor of Optometry at Indiana University in 2008. His impressive resume includes several independent contracting optometrist positions from Eyeglass World to Ohio Valley Eye Institute. In 2008 Dr. Rossman worked as a clinical instructor at Indiana University. He provided optometric care as preceptor to optometry students in diadactic clinical setting. He organized and presented daily Case Conference Seminars as well. While in college he participated in a study abroad program in Guanajuato Mexico in conjunction with Volunteer Optometric Services for Humanity.
- Employee Optometrist (2010- present) Ohio Valley Eye Institute
- Independent Contracting Optometrist (Jan. 2010- May 2010) Ohio Valley Eye Institute
- Independent Contracting Optometrist (2009- 2010) The Lasik Vision Institute
POST GRADUATE TRAINING:
- Indiana University School of Optometry: Visiting Lecturer (June 2008- June 2009)
- Obtained extensive clinical experience at ophthalmology/optometry referral center. Acquired experience interpreting advanced diagnostic testing data including fluorescein angiography, optical coherence tomography, Humphrey visual field, and corneal topography measurements.
- Managed 15 – 30 post-operative cataract surgery and laser capsulotomy patients each week at ophthalmology/optometry referral center.
- Gained clinical experience in management of urgent eye care and ocular disease, including an external rotation at the IU Health Center Eye Clinic, provision of emergency eye care services at the IUSO Eye Care Clinics, and after-hours emergency on-call responsibility.
- Provided clinical and didactic instruction of optometry students including clinical supervision in the Primary Care Clinic and during various health screenings.
- Provided optometric care to a large and diverse group of patients in the Indiana University School of Optometry Clinics, with emphasis in Primary Care Optometry.
- Presented lectures in Grand Rounds Course and Case Conference Seminar and assisted in organizing presenters for the weekly Case Conference Seminar for optometry students.
- Engaged in full-day observational study with neuro-ophthalmologist, glaucoma specialist, retinal specialist, pediatric ophthalmologist, neurologist, and dermatologist.
- Doctor of Optometry (2008- 2009) Indiana University School of Optometry
- Primary Care residents (2008- 2009) Indiana University School of Optometry
- B.S.: Biology (2000-2004) Indiana University
- Served as optometry resident representative for residency accreditation site evaluation. (June 5, 2009)
- Assisted in creation of written optometry residency manual for residency accreditation. (April – May 2009)
- Presented academic case at national optometry meeting (Academy Residents Day Program). (October 2008)
- Organized optometry boards study group. (December 2007)
- May 2008- Present: Member of Indiana Optometric Association
- May 2008- Present: Member of American Optometric Association
- May 2008- Present: Member of American Academy of Optometry
- May 2008- Present: Member of AOA Cornea and Contact Lens Section
- May 2008- Present: Member of AOA Sports Vision Section
- May 2004- May 2008: Member of American Optometric Student Association
- Fluent in Spanish and English